Customer Service & FAQ's

Our Customer Service Department is available to answer your questions from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. You will receive personal attention and a quick response to your inquiries from our knowledgeable staff located at the main office in Marlboro Township. If there is something that our staff cannot answer immediately, a timely response will be provided within 24 hours. All private utilities are regulated by the NJ Board of Public Utilities (NJ BPU). If you would like to contact the NJ BPU about our service you can reach them at 1-800-624-0241 or visit their website at  In addition to the NJ BPU, you can reach the Division of Rate Counsel at

Moving in or out? Please call our office at 732-946-9333 to set an appointment to start or stop water service.

New (Construction) Service Connection Application Process When applying for a water service connection for a new construction project, the first step is to complete the applicable Property Service Request form (Commercial or Residential) and submit it to our office. After receiving the completed request form, Gordon’s Corner Water Company will review it and provide additional information on fees and installation requirements. Click on the applicable form below to get started. Commercial Property Service Request form      OR      Residential Property Service Request form


Frequently Asked Questions:

Q:  How do you read the meter without entering the home or building?

A:  We are able to read your meter via touchpad which would be located somewhere on the outside of your home or via MXU which is an electronic read where we can just drive or walk by to get the read. We also have meters located in meter pits out at the road.

Q:  How can I schedule to get my water turned off to make an inside plumbing repair?

A: First, you would call our office to schedule a check curb box appointment. We would come out & determine whether your curb box is operational or not. If so, you can then proceed with setting up an appointment with us for a temporary shut off of water service. There is no fee during normal business hours, but there is a $100 fee after 4:00pm Monday through Friday and weekends/holidays. If the curb box is not operational, we require up to 7 to 10 business days to repair it before we can turn the water off. DO NOT OPERATE CURB BOX YOURSELF! You risk breaking the curb box which is the property of the water company. Cost to repair a broken curb box will be the home owner’s responsibilty.

Q:  How do I know if I have a leak?

A:  There are many options you can take to determine if you have a leak. You can check your toilet by pouring a cup of dark juice like cranberry or grape juice into the back of the tank & let it sit for 30-60 minutes without flushing. If the dark colored juice makes it way down into the bowl, you need to replace the insides of that toilet because it is leaking. You can also check your meter to make sure no water is passing through it when all water is off in your home. Visit our Leak Detection page for more information.

Q:  Why is my summer usage so much higher than normal?

A:  Typically we have customers call when receiving their first bill after turning on sprinkler system and question the usage. We suggest you take a read before and after your sprinkler system runs so you can determine how much water you are using. To see how to read your meter, please vist the Meters Reads page.

Q:  How do I final my account or transfer a new account into my name?

A:  Call our office to final your account during normal business hours. We request that you contact us at least one to two days prior to your closing or moving date. You will need to provide a forwarding address. If you are looking to start a new account, please call our office and provide the service address, name, phone number and email address. We will email or mail a water application that must be signed & returned within 30 days to avoid interruption of water service. If you have two people listed on account, both must sign the application.

Q:  Is there a fee for paying online or by phone?

A:  Yes, there is a $.95 fee for paying by electronic check and $3.95 fee for credit or debit card when paying online. When paying by phone, there is a $1.90 fee for paying by electronic check and $4.90 fee for credit or debit card. If paying by electronic check, you can pay any amount. If paying by credit or debit card, there is a $400 limit per transaction. Online payments can be processed through our website by clicking BILL PAY above.

Q:  Why do I have brown or pink rings in my toilet or tub?

A:  Black, brown or pink rings are commonly found in humid or damp areas that are not drying properly. The way to avoid this is by disinfecting the area with a household cleaner and maintaining an enviroment with enough air circulation. Please visit our WATER QUALITY page above for more information.

Q:  Does the water contain flouride?

A:  Flouride is a naturally occuring mineral in the water. Please visit our WATER QUALITY page above for more information.

Q:  Does a rental property automatically transfer back into the landlord’s name when a tenant moves out?

A:  No. The landlord is responsible for calling our office to put the water back into their name after the tenant moves out.

Need more information, or have a question?